From The Settlers Online Wiki
Planned content of this page
- Tips and tricks for beginners.
- Importent things to think about when you just started playing.
(Everyone is welcome to add content to this page)
- The first levels of the game (Until level 16) is accompanied by the tutorial. After level 16 there are only quests that tells you to defeat bandits until you level up.
- It is a good idea to avoid bottlenecks, especially in the beginning when you are not able to trade with other players. You need to build sufficient (at least 4 Mason), you also need to build a good amount of Pine wood forester (to plant trees), and Pine wood cutter (to cut the tree). Then you need Pine wood sawmill to make the pine wood to pine wood planks. This will set you up for a good start of the game.
- Do not spend all the coins! You need the coins to buy a General, without him you are stuck and cannot kill bandits. You will need a lot of coins later on in the game to upgrade buildings and some other things.
- Don't just build for the fun of it. You only have a little number of building licenses. You will get more as the game continues, but don't build something you don't need yet. When you demolish a building, you get the building license back.
- It's a good idea to build the production buildings close to a storehouse or the Mayors House, it will make the production time shorter, because the settlers don't have to walk that far. I generally place Masons and wood cutting and planting, close to the resources, to save the space around the storehouses.
- Keep your resources in the star menu until needed. They will not take up storage space in the star menu.